With the end of the Inter Club series and winter approaching, it’s time to turn our attention to cross country again. We has a good turnout last season, and impressive performances led to the men’s V40 team being promoted to division 1, and the ladies team just missed out on promotion to the second division.
This year’s fixtures are:
- 6th October – Burnley (Townley Park)
- 24th November – Liverpool (Sefton Park)
- 8th or 15th December – Lancaster (Lancaster University)
- 12th January – Hyndburn (Wilson Playing Fields)
- 9th February – Kendal (Crooklands)
- 2nd March – Skelmersdale (Beacon Park)
These races take place on a Saturday afternoon, are free to enter, and are approximately 5k for ladies and 10k for men.
If you have never done cross country, raced before, or like running off road, why not give it a go. They can be fast, muddy, and far more enjoyable than plodding around the streets. There is also plenty of support from other club members and teams.
If you are planning on turning up, out would like any more information, could you let us know as it makes it easier for us to sort out race numbers.