Who we are
We are Red Rose Road Runners, a running club based in the Preston area and affiliated to England Athletics under registration number 2659113. Our website address is: https://www.redroseroadrunners.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
For time to time we include pictures of members taking part in events in our publicity material, website, related social media sites and emails to subscribers and members. We do this to show what our club does and to celebrate the involvement and achievements of our members and other participants.
If you would prefer not to be included in such images then please let us know. If we have published a photograph in which you appear and you would like us to remove it then please let us know using the Contact Us form and we will delete it.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We collect personal data in the form of enquiry, survey, event booking and membership application forms. In addition we collect and process paper and email forms based on the templates distributed through this website.
You can delete these cookies at any time by following the instructions for your particular device.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We process and analyse personal data to help the Committee manage the club. We do not use external organisations to do this for us.
Who we share your data with
Your personal data is held and processed on the computer systems operated by the companies we use to provide our website, backups and email systems. It may also held and processed on computers operated by the club’s Chairman, Secretary and Membership Secretary.
We explicitly share your personal data with the following organisations for the given purposes. We require and record your consent before we share your data.
- England Athletics for the sole purpose of registering you with them and obtaining an England Athletics number.
- The organisers of the Interclub competition for the sole purpose of allowing you to compete in the correct age and gender category.
- The organisers of the Mid Lancs Cross Country league for the sole purpose of allowing you to compete in the correct age and gender category.
We will not share your personal data with any other organisation unless we are compelled to by law, or if we believe there is a need to protect you or other people from harm.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Membership records are kept for a maximum of four years.
What rights you have over your data
If you have given us personal data in any form you can request to receive an exported file of that personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we correct or erase any personal data we hold about you. There may be administrative consequences of erasing certain personal data. For example if you instruct us to delete your membership records then we cannot continue to consider you as a club member.
Where we send your data
We may use external services provided by companies that hold and process your personal information outside the European Economic Area. We will do this only once we are sure that they hold your data securely and that their privacy policies are consistent with the GDPR. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
If you have given us contact information then we will use that to respond to as an individual. For example, if you join the club and give us your email we will reply to that email with your membership information.
If you agree to us sending bulk emails then we will from time to time email you with club news and other information which might include offers available to club members. If you sign up to receive either our News Digest or to be notified of News or Blog postings on the website then we will use your email address for that purpose. We keep a record of your confirmation. You can opt out at any time.
We do not pass your email address to any external organisations for marketing purposes.
If you are not a current member and currently receiving unwanted communications from us then please use the Contact Us form and tell us.
How we protect your data
All personal data in electronic form is held on password protected systems and protected by strong encryption when in transit. Paper records are held by the Membership Secretary at home and shredded after use.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the event of a confirmed or suspected data breach we will
- Investigate to determine the nature and extent of the breach.
- Inform everyone affected by the breach.
- Inform and consult with the Information Commissioners Office according to their published guidelines.
- Take any reasonable steps in our power to mitigate the consequences of the breach.
- Take any reasonable remedial action to prevent reoccurance of the data breach.
Please contact any member of the Committee to report any issues relating to a data breach.
What third parties we receive data from
We may receive and publish event participation and results from external organisations. We may use this information when publishing news items about the club. We also receive information from England Athletics and the organisers of the Interclub and the Mid Lancs Cross Country League. We use this information to verify that their records of your personal data are accurate.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We sometimes use your personal data to help us decide if club news is appropriate to you and to help determine your eligibility for competitions where there are age limits on participation set by the organisers. As an example, if we ask for help marshalling a race we generally address the email to our adult members.
Version 1.2 24/May/2018